Each time Windows Automatic Maintenance (hereafter known as automaint) is triggered, the following message appears in the application event log shortly thereafter: Event ID 1001 from Windows Error Reporting.
This happens on several of my servers.
I know it is triggered by automaint only because it appears every night at 03:00, which is the time automaint is scheduled. I tried triggering automaint manually, and the error message promptly appeared in the event log. The scheduled task that triggers the error is called Program Data Update, which is part of the Customer Experience Improvement Program. This is a task that collects information about software installations, uninstalls and such. Analysis so far show that this affects all of my Win2012 servers, as well as some Windows 8 and windows 8.1 clients, but it has yet to cause any adverse effects other than the error message. I have tried to figure out exactly what it is failing at, so far to no avail, but I post this as a pointer to others who wonder what is causing the event log message. I will update this post when and if I find a solution.